NOTICE: If you are already a Volunteer Deputy with another Texas County simply come to our office between the hours of 8am-4pm and show us your VDR Certificate and we will give you the information you need to become a successful VDR in Dallas County.
Thank you for your willingness to participate in our Volunteer Deputy Registrar program. Volunteer Deputy Registrars are entrusted with the responsibility of officially registering voters in the State of Texas. They are appointed by county voter registrars and charged with helping increase voter registration in the state. Acceptance of the duties of volunteer deputy registrar places you in a position of trust and responsibility to the citizens you will register to vote.
There are three ways you can become a deputy registrar;
- You may walk into our office front counter between the hours of 9am-4pm and take a test and receive your certification at 1520 Round Table Drive – Dallas, Tx 75247
- Instead of attending in-person training sessions, you can review the training materials (PDF) and examination (PDF), (Word) on your own time. After you review the training materials and examination questions, you must appear in person at our office, This exam may only be taken at our office during our normal business hours Monday – Friday 9am – 4pm . If you miss more than two questions you will be required to retake the training. Upon satisfactory completion of the examination, we will review any county-specific procedures for completing the duties of a volunteer deputy registrar. 1520 Round Table Drive – Dallas, Tx 75247
- If you are already a VDR with another Texas County, simply come into our office between the hours of 8am-4pm and show us your current VDR Certificate and we will give you the information you need to become a VDR in Dallas County.
- Attend a virtual class. Click Here to Sign up for our Virtual Classes.
If you have any questions on the VDR program please email or call;
Volunteer Deputy Registrar Information Library
- State-Volunteer Deputy Registrar Training Presentation
- Dallas County- Volunteer Deputy Registrar Training Presentation
- Volunteer Deputy Registrar Exam
- Dallas County-Volunteer Deputy Registrar Guide
- Click this link to visit the State’s website for more information about the Program
- Effect of Felony Conviction on Voter Registration
- 2021 Election Calendar