SPECIAL NOTE: ALL VOLUNTEER DEPUTY REGISTRAR TRAINING CLASSES WILL BE CONDUCTED AT OUR NEW TRAINING FACILITY AT 1520 ROUND TABLE DRIVE, DALLAS, TEXAS 75247. EVERYONE MUST PRE-REGISTER BEFORE ATTENDING A TRAINING CLASS.
ALL CLASSES UPTO APRIL 16, 2020
HAVE BEEN CANCELED
Thank you for your willingness to participate in our Volunteer Deputy Registrar program. Volunteer Deputy Registrars are entrusted with the responsibility of officially registering voters in the State of Texas. They are appointed by county voter registrars and charged with helping increase voter registration in the state. Acceptance of the duties of volunteer deputy registrar places you in a position of trust and responsibility to the citizens you will register to vote.
There are several ways you can become a deputy registrar;
If you are already a Volunteer Deputy with another Texas County simply come to our office and show us your VDR Certificate and we will give you the information you need to become a successful VDR in Dallas County.
1. Instead of attending in-person training sessions, you can review the training materials (PDF) and examination (PDF), (Word) on your own time. After you review the training materials and examination questions, you must appear in person at our office, during regular business hours, to take the examination. This exam may only be taken at our office during our normal business hours Monday – Friday 8:30am – 3:30pm . If you miss more than two questions you will be required to retake the training. Upon satisfactory completion of the examination, we will review any county-specific procedures for completing the duties of a volunteer deputy registrar.
2. You may attend any of our in-person training classes held in our office. (Link below)
3. You may walk into our office front counter and we will review the deputy training presentation with you first session at 10:00 am and the second session at 1:00 pm.
Click on the options below for further information about a Volunteer Deputy Registrar.
- Volunteer Deputy Registrar Training Schedule
- 2020 Elections Calendar
- State-Volunteer Deputy Registrar Training Presentation
- Dallas County- Volunteer Deputy Registrar Training Presentation
- Dallas County-VDR Handbook
- Volunteer Deputy Registrar Exam
- Click this link to visit the State’s website for more information about the Program
- Effect of Felony Conviction on Voter Registration