Dallas County Elections Department is always looking for individuals to assist at the polling locations assisting voters during the voting process.
Qualifications: Individuals appointed as election officials must be registered voters, complete, and meet requirements of application and background
report for employment with Dallas County.
Responsibilities & Job Duties:
- Qualifying the voter
- Assisting the voters with the election equipment
- Assist in opening and closing the election polls
- Assist the judge in clerical duties as assigned
- Are 18 years of age or older and registered to vote in Dallas County ( Application to Register to Vote )
- Fluent in Spanish and English (for bilingual clerks)
- Do not hold an elected office or are not the employee of an elected official, Can not be a candidate for a public office
in an election held on same day.
- An employee or relative of an opposed candidate;
- A campaign treasurer or assistant treasurer of a candidate in the election;
- A campaign manager of a candidate in the election;
- Finally convicted of an election-related offense
- Able to take direction well and not easily distracted (enjoy interaction with people)
- Must have dependable transportation to and from your assigned location
- Be prepared to lift at least 30 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
- Report to the assigned post by assigned schedule
- Attend required training class
If you are interested in working during Early Voting, fill out the interest form below and someone will reach out to you with training details and information on how to move forward.
Any questions regarding this information please contact;
Bridgett Allen – Bridgett.Allen@dallascounty.org
Anais Rodriguez – Anais.Rodriguez@dallascounty.org