Dallas County Elections Department is always looking for individuals to assist at the polling locations assisting voters during the voting process.
Qualifications: Individuals appointed as election officials must be registered voters, complete, and meet requirements of application and background
report for employment with Dallas County.
Responsibilities & Job Duties:
- Qualifying the voter
- Assisting the voters with the election equipment
- Assist in opening and closing the election polls
- Assist the judge in clerical duties as assigned
- Are 18 years of age or older and registered to vote in Dallas County ( Application to Register to Vote )
- Fluent in Spanish and English (for bilingual clerks)
- Do not hold an elected office or are not the employee of an elected official, Can not be a candidate for a public office
in an election held on same day.
- An employee or relative of an opposed candidate;
- A campaign treasurer or assistant treasurer of a candidate in the election;
- A campaign manager of a candidate in the election;
- Finally convicted of an election-related offense
- Able to take direction well and not easily distracted (enjoy interaction with people)
- Must have dependable transportation to and from your assigned location
- Be prepared to lift at least 30 lbs. and stand for long periods of time
- Report to the assigned post by assigned schedule
- Attend required training class
Any questions regarding this information please contact;
Bridgett Allen – Bridgett.Allen@dallascounty.org
Anais Rodriguez – Anais.Rodriguez@dallascounty.org