We know your busy schedule may make it difficult to get to the polls. That’s why the Dallas County Elections Department is bringing the polling place to you. We offer 37 full-time early voting locations in libraries, schools, churches, city halls, and recreation centers throughout the county. Polling locations may vary from election to election and will be posted before each election. So whether you are rushing to or from work, school, or life activities, please take a minute to stop by and cast your vote.
Dallas County registered voters may vote at any early voting location.
Curbside Voting Service is available during Early Voting and Election Day to any voter who is physically unable to enter the polling place without personal assistance or likelihood of injuring your health, Curbside Voting is available. If you have an assistant with you, when you arrive at the polling location, have them notify the election official at that time. The election official will then bring everything you need to your car outside the polling location if you do not have an assistant, please call 214-819-6340 ahead to notify the election day clerk that you want to vote curb side.
What is the process?
- Voter will be qualified in the EPB like he would if voting inside the polling place.
- Poll worker will take the designated Express Vote device to the voter’s vehicle. Along with the Activation Ballot Card, voter ticket and secrecy envelope.
- Voter votes the ballot in privacy unless needing assistance. If voter has an assistant, they must sign the Oath of assistance form if he is assisting.
- Voter places the voted ballot into secrecy envelope.
- The assistant or the poll worker deposit the ballot into the DS200 ballot counter .
Texas Election Code authorizes a limited ballot for a person moving from one Texas County to another. The voter is entitled to vote only on each office or measure to be voted in a territorial unit (state or district) of which the person was a resident both before changing their county of residence and after. This voter can either vote during the Election’s Early Voting Period in person at the main early voting location.
Main Early Voting Location is
George Allen Courts Building
600 Commerce St
Dallas, TX 75202
For questions about your Voter Registration Card, Call Voter Registration – (214) 819-6389
Dallas County Elections Department
1520 Round Table Drive
Dallas Tx 75247
Hours of operation: Monday -Friday, 8 a.m. – 430 p.m.
Straight Party Voting – House Bill 25: Ends the ability to allow voters the option of voting a straight party ballot with one selection.