Countywide Voting Centers coming to Dallas County
for General Election on Tuesday – November 5, 2019
The Dallas County Elections Department is changing the way voting will take place in Dallas County in the near future, new voting equipment and Countywide Vote Centers. This will allow voters to vote conveniently during early voting and on election day no matter where you are in Dallas County. You can take advantage of any Polling Place on Election Day no matter where you live, work, or go to school.
GET READY FOR VOTE CENTERS!
What are they and how do they work?
- Vote at your neighborhood Vote Center location or where you work, shop or go to school
- Vote Centers are Election Day polling locations where any registered voter may vote regardless of where they live.
- Vote Centers offer the convenience of Early Voting on Election Day.
- Currently on Election Day, voters must vote at their assigned precinct voting location, the goal is to improve access and increase turnout on Election Day
Why are Voting Centers Better?
- Increase voter convenience satisfaction and accessibility
- Continuation of same successful style of voting as during early voting
- Solves the confusion so many voters have about where their assigned election precinct is on Election Day.
- Reduces the costs of administering an election over time
- Increases the efficiency of collecting and counting votes
- Allows us to monitor and evaluate voter traffic on election day and use that to make better choices on how to serve our voters
- Ability to track wait time and redirect voters to other locations
All current Election Day and Early Voting sites will remain open to eliminate confusion from voters who go to an Early Vote location on Election Day.
Dallas County Plan for Vote Centers
- For 2019-2020 elections, leave all current Election Day locations open including Early Voting locations
- Look at voting patterns after a few election to determine voter needs
- Check with community before consolidating any existing voting locations
- Vote centers will begin on November 2019
Equipment and Technology
New Voting Equipment will be used in the November 2019 Election
Express Vote Video & DS200
New Electronic Pollbooks being implemented in May 2019 Election
Electronic Pollbooks Video – (Coming Soon)
How to get the word out to our voters
- Once approved there will be public education campaign to ensure voters know they can vote at any polling location and how to find Election Day information.
- The announcement of Dallas County will utilize Vote Centers will be posted on the Dallas County Elections webpage at www.dallascountyvotes.org and Elections Department Social Media accounts
- Announcements of vote centers will also be posted on other websites ; Dallas County, Cities, School Districts, College Districts and political parties
- Public Service Announcements – Newspaper, Radio, and TV Advertising
- Publicize brochures and flyers to inform community of the vote centers and its benefits
- Post in Political and Community Organizations website
- Post community meetings at each Commissioner’s District
- Digital ads on Tax Office monitors
- Monthly press releases to media outlets
- Explore Water Bill inserts
- Volunteer Deputy Registrars will be used to spread the word
Vote Center’s Presentation
Committee Meetings Agenda
Vote Center Trailer
Express Vote Video
Electronic Poll Book Video – Coming Soon
Questions, Concerns and Feedback
District1 Vote Center Maps
District2 Vote Center Maps
Distirct3 Vote Center Maps
District4 Vote Center Maps
Major Dart Bus Routes Link
Community Meetings Flier
Thank you for your willingness to take part in this important change in our voting systems. Public meetings and equipment demonstrations will be held through out Dallas County. We welcome your participation and input. In these meetings the public will have the opportunity to;
- Ask questions, share comments and concerns(we welcome your feedback click here to submit your questions in advance)
- Find out what Vote Centers are and how they work, Why are they better?
- Hear our implementation plan for Vote Centers
- Hear how Vote Centers are being selected
- See maps of current precinct locations and see future Vote Center locations
- Experience our new voting equipment, (ePoll books and new Voting equipment)
Committee Public meetings locations, dates, and times
April 11, 2019
|Beltline Conference Center||200 East Beltline
DeSoto, TX 75115
|District 1 Road & Bridge||715 Rowlett Road
Garland, TX 75043
|Richardson Civic Center||411 W. Arapaho Rd #102 Richardson, TX 75080||2|
|Ruthie Jackson Community Center||3113 S. Carrier Parkway
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
Please click on the link below to reserve your spot at public meetings.
Reserve your Spot Today by Clicking Here